Saturday, February 18, 2006

So This is LIfe...

Hey there,
Aola, how was the wedding?
Sandra, are you feeling better?
Erica, how's Judah's hand?
Becky, maybe your baby is practicing for syncronized swimming for the 2026 Olympics.
Kristen, thanks for being my girl.

I have two good testimonies. Darren got a call from the guy at FedEX in Jackson and they want him to start on March 6. So, God's really taking care of him - housing, job, car, ministry, mentoring. I know this is the right thing for him, but I'm still having a hard time silencing "mommy." LOL.
The other cool thing: a couple weeks ago we had a bad wind storm (wind from the southwest); then last night we had high winds again (from the northeast). This morning I took the dog out and there was this huge branch in the yard. It was 15-20 feet long and 6-8 inches at the biggest part of the base. What's so neat about this is that if it had fallen a couple weeks ago, our house would've been badly damaged and one of us may have been hurt; but it just fell in the yard. I cried this morning when I realize God spared us.
Even with all this good news, I am feeling so tired and unmotivated. It's all emotional. Positive emotion and negative emotion - it's making me exhausted. I desperately need to get back exercising. It's the only thing that's gonna get me thru this, I think. I need prayer, too, because there are some real negative things happening too with my job.
Kristen and Jason are coming over for awhile tonight. That'll be nice - they always perk me up. Thank you all for being there, too.

Oh, one more thing. Thanks for praying about the period thing. It's almost over and I'll be so much more comfortable driving cross-country with my son. I appreciate you all.

4 comments:

aola said...

jeanne - I posted a few wedding pictures on my blog.

Seems like we have all had a couple of hard weeks, life can be very distracting. I've been off of my walking schedule and I really miss it.
Hopefully, now that the kids are married my life will settle a little and I can get back to some sort of normal routine.
It will take you a while to find your new normal after Darren leaves home but you will get there.

Sandra said...

We're all here for you Jeanne! Sometimes life does complicate things. Just remember to make yourself #1. You'll get through this! I'll be praying for you.

Kristen said...

Yeah, we all fell off the bandwagon a little bit, I think. Monday is a-coming! The perfect time to go back.

You're doing fine, Mom.

E. Michelle said...

Dear Jeanne,
Judah's blister popped on its own when he was at Mother's Day Out on Friday, but it bled yesterday. I think he was probably playing too rough. He also never leaves his band-aids on. boo.