Thursday, February 09, 2006

Today was tough. I didn't want to work out. I didn't want to care what I ate. I just wanted to be blah. You ever have those days? I'm not sure what got me in the funk, but I managed to survive it. I worked out and only splurged on a coffee.
I've been busy painting my living room. It's a nice warm yellow or at least it will be when it is finished. I'm 3/4 of the way there. I'll have to finish up tomorrow. It's difficult painting a room that is lived in. There's so much stuff to move. I'm a spur of the moment kind of gal. I picked out the paint and started painting yesterday. I knew if I waited I would talk myself right out of it. I'm so glad I didn't. It's made the room so cozy and I can't help but smile when I'm in there although I'm sure I'll smile more once the painting is done and everything is back in it's place.
Painting is a workout! My arms were so sore last night. I have a friend who paints for a living. I have so much more appreciation for the work she does now.
I hope you all are having a great day and are gearing up for the weekend. The weather is lovely here and we are having a sleep over part for Erins' birthday. She's very excited! It should be fun fun fun. I'm going to avoid the cake this time since I indulged in the ice cream cake last weekend.

5 comments:

aola said...

Yeah, I had one of those days yesterday. Today is a better day though.
The room sounds really pretty. I finally finished the cabinets. They look good. Now, on to learning how to make shelves for Em's room.

R said...

Mmm. . . I love yellow. Hope the sleep over is a blast.

aola said...

and you are right, painting is hard work. I did it for a living for a couple of years. (in my life BC and before Mark?)

Kristen said...

You're right; painting is a workout. The color sounds really nice. I've bugged Aola to post a picture of her in her dress; now I'm bugging you to post a picture of the living room!

Sandra said...

I will post a picture when it's finished. One wall to go.