Friday, February 10, 2006

Wanting Doritos

My middle sister is coming to MT next week with her current boyfriend. I could eat a house full of Doritos in preparation.

I haven't thought this many negative thoughts since high school. I only know this guy by reputation and as background in phone conversations. Thus far, I don't think he's a kindred spirit. I want to be supportive of my sister, but I also don't want a creep in my house. Sigh. I'm sure I'll survive a few days.

My walking has picked up a bit and become more regular, partly due to decent weather. Pilates is still very sporadic, but my back has been in constant agony, so I've been doing it more often because it helps.

5 comments:

aola said...

One look at Nate and the new boyfriend will be nice... you might tell them the story about Nate catching the criminal single handedly last year :)

You can do two days!!!!
and it probably wouldn't hurt to stock up on Doritos, just in case.

E. Michelle said...

AAHHGGHHGGH, i know the plight of a sister's jerk-boyfriend. May the in-you-right-mind force stay with you. My version used to make me forget why I hated him for my sister. charming punk.

Sandra said...

I can relate all to well. It's difficult to resist the temptation to smack them. Be strong. Maybe he has a lot of growing up to do. You and Nate will be a good example for them both. :)

Jeanne said...

I had a situation recently where I could have made a choice to confront or to "give a gentle answer" I gave the gentle answer and then later REALLY questioned my decision. However, the next morning, God showed me that my choice was the right choice.
Have your hubby be your sheild; love your sister supremely; and God will reveal any truth that needs to be revealed to her and you. Praying for you.

Kristen said...

Try to have fun!