Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I started my new routine on Monday. I am doing 45 minutes of aerobics a day for six days a week. This is a combination of The Biggest Loser video, a 12 minute workout from Fitness magazine, and running on the treadmill at a 10% incline. I am doing weights 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Right now I'm following The Biggest Loser workout for that as well. I did it last night, and it was good. My arms are a little sore this morning as are my abs. The only area the video seemed to be lacking in was the butt. I have a squat machine at work that can take care of that though.
I can't say how much I love Spark People! They have an awesome food tracker that has tons of food listed. Just about everything I put in my mouth is on that site. It's good to see it there in black and white. Yesterday, I went over a little on my calories. When I work out, I'm hungry. There isn't much I can do about that. I just try to make healthy choices and only allow myself to eat if I'm hungry. I haven't done any emotional eating or eating out of boredom in several weeks. I'm pretty pround of that. Yesterday I wanted chocolate cake so bad! Luckily David had taken the truck to school so I had no way of going to buy any cake and I didn't want it bad enough to make it.
A friend from work wants to run next week. She said we would start out light with a 5 mile jog. I almost fainted. I have to really work on the treadmill this week if I want to keep up with her. She's a very determined person so I have no doubt she will pull it off. I might pass out half way through it.
I thought this project at Spark People was a good one. I'm going to work on it today.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

You should be proud of yourself for avoiding the emotional eating. I am proud of you!

A five-mile jog? That's crazy. That's like an hour of running--um, heck no. LOL

Do you feel like you have enough time to do all the exercising you want to do?

Sandra said...

LOL Kristen, I agree with you five miles seems impossible. She just told me today she won't be able to do it for three weeks because of her schedule. So I have a few weeks to train. I don't know that it will get me to that level, but we shall see.
Luckily, I do feel like I have the time right now. I get home from work at 2 and don't have to work for David until 5. That gives me three hours to clean house and workout. Erin is out of school this week so that eliminates some of my running around. We'll see how it works out. I was very used to working out at work which kept my free time free. I'm not sure how squeezing workout into my after work time will be. I usually need some kind of nap in the afternoon since I wake up at 5 am. I might have to forgo that.

Kristen said...

How do you get up at 5 am? I am trying to train myself to get up 5:30, but it is soooooo hard!

Sandra said...

Coffee..lots and lots of coffee. Just kidding. I do usually have one cup.. It's hard though. I don't like it, but I have to do it.

Kristen said...

It is hard. If anyone has any "getting up early" tips to share, please do!