Wednesday, February 22, 2006

fair weather walker

I am finding that I am a "fair weather walker". I have been having a hard time making myself get out and walk in the cold and damp. Ice was a good excuse not to walk but I feel like a slacker today. Monday I walked about half of my allotted time because my sinus infected head started hurting, badly. Tuesday I bundled up with hat, coat, gloves, and my beautiful purple scarf Sandra made me. I was able to do the whole walk without any trouble. But, today it was chilly and windy and misting rain so I bailed. Bad me, bad me.

Do you realize we have another weigh-in coming up in just a week?
I can hardly believe we have been at this for 2 months.

p.s. I got the red dress in the mail. It is very pretty. I bought it two sizes smaller than what I was wearing when we began this journey. I could wear it but it is tight, too tight so I hung it up to look at, hopefully to inspire me.
It's probably the best inspiration I could buy for myself. You see, I am so tight with money that just thinking about the fact that I spent $85.00 on this dress will cause me to have to lose weight so I can wear it and not feel guilty about spending the money.

One week girls...

4 comments:

Sandra said...

YIKES! This month went by fast! I don't think I will have lost much at the next weigh in due to my week off. We'll see what happens though.
You'll be wearing that red dress soon! :) Hot Mama!
Have you considered a workout video for those days you just don't feel like braving the weather? It's good to have variety and it might keep you from making excuses about the weather. :)

Kristen said...

My mom does a walking video she likes. I have heard Leslie Sansone and Cathe Friedrich videos are good.

aola said...

I do other stuff too besides the walking, like yoga and weights.
I used to have a treadmill but I hated it so I gave it away.
Most days in Oklahoma I can get outside to walk and I hate working out with videos.

E. Michelle said...

I don't have much to add, only that things like dresses work as motivators for me too.