Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Maturity and Discipline

It comes to this admission now: I am not very mature yet. There are areas where I am, but there are certain obvious areas where I could be doing better. Regular discplines is one. I really don't have any. It is a small miracle that I am exercising this much when it is so incovenient. But, my eating habits reflect a person who wants the metabolism of her teens. I feel it all going, too. My backside feels larger and more cumbersome lately. My pants pinch my waist.
Those last details make me tremendously uncomfortable. All day long discomfort. I am hoping that I do something about my situation before I just get used to the excess baggage. Yesterday I ate whatever I wanted, even though after a while I just did not Want to eat bad and I ate a mango.
Today is fresh with No mistakes in it. And today I start to acquaint myself with the fact that I MUST choose. I will either eat like I want and always be uncomfortable and increasingly (too small clothes) sloppy looking or I will face the fact that I am older, my body Is different and I will have to make changes to look the way I want.
crossed fingers.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Erica, You can do this! You have already commited to exercising. That is farther than a lot of people make it. Focus on one meal at a time and making choices for that meal that will make you feel better about yourself. It's okay to not be 100% in the begining. No one is or at least no one who is stays that way. Baby steps! I'm rooting for you!

E. Michelle said...

That is true, it is all progress if we keep building the right momentum. Thanks, Sandra.

R said...

Erica,

I am so with you on the discipline. I've always wondered if it's because for most of my life things have come easy. There's very little I've had to work at to be good at it, and now, it's hard to develop those habits. But, I'm trying and most of the time I think it's something I really want. Of course, last night, instead of walking on the treadmill, I slept for 13 hours. I guess I have a ways to go.

aola said...

you are so right... I was one who could eat anything I wanted and not worry about it UNTIL I turned 30...I kept having babies and kept gaining weight without the discipline to change it and now I am paying for it. It would have been so much easier to have caught it at 5 or 10 pounds overweight instead of having to start at 50 pounds overweight and try to get back to where I want to be.
So, hang in there girl and don't let it get the best of you!

Kristen said...

I think struggling a little keeps us from being too serious and anal about it, you know? Maybe just shoot for "80% compliance" right now and don't worry about the rest...

I love you, Erica!