Friday, February 17, 2006

I didn't have any weight loss this week but no gain either. I imagine that the no loss is from not walking every day. I was a little disappointed but not surprised. I was also disappointed this week when I started pulling out clothes I haven't worn in a long time looking for something to wear to Levi's wedding and the clothes still fit the same as the last time I put them on, too tight in the belly. My legs are getting nice and thin and strong looking and I've lost that extra butt I was carrying around but still the belly. I know, I know, it will go eventually. I have these brief moments of discouragement and wanting to just give up but they don't last. I am not giving up.
I did have a couple of encouraging moments this week, too. A friend of ours who we hadn't seen in a couple of months stopped by to visit and he actually noticed that I am losing weight. And, today after the wedding the kids wanted to go eat at Golden Corral (huge buffet) and I did not overeat. I had a small Caesar salad, a little crab, and a few vegetables. I felt satisfied and full and not like I was being deprived for not getting to eat a ton of rich, fattening stuff I didn't need. When we left everyone else was moaning and groaning but not me. I was amazed at how disciplined I can be now.
Hopefully, next week will be a little calmer and I can get back into my regular routine.

For my free day this weekend I have decided to do just one meal where I eat whatever I want and not feel guilty about it. We are going to go out somewhere so there won't be leftovers to lust after. I think that will work better for me and I won't feel like I am having to start all over again come Monday.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

You are amazing A! To go to Golden Coral and not eat like a pig..that is an accomplishment!
The belly is the worst part for me to.. It doesn't seem to want to budge. Although I have lost a couple inches there since we started this thing..totally surprised me!
You're making great choices and doing amazing things for your body! I'm really proud of you!

Jeanne said...

Aola, I am proud of you too. You're walking the right road.

Sandra, I told my pastor the quote about 'make the right choice, not the right now choice.' He was very impressed. You're saying is now on its way around the world.

Kristen said...

I'm proud of you, too, Aola! You are fighting the good fight!