Sunday, February 26, 2006

I had a pretty good week last week. I walked almost every day, did my weights 4 nights, yoga every morning, only went over my calorie goal one day. No weight loss again this week. I'm thinking I need to increase my exercising a little. Even tho I did walk some every day I didn't do the full 30 minutes each time and I think that makes the difference whether I lose or don't lose any weight. That and I guess as I get stronger and in better shape I am actually wanting to do more - that's a new feeling for me.
I increased my reps with the weights last night and it felt good. A little sore today but not bad.

There is a gym in Ada, owned by the Chickasaw nation, that I have been meaning to go check out. We drove over there today but no one was there. It would be a pain for me to have to drive that far to go to the gym but I may try it.

For my free day today I ate my normal foods for breakfast and lunch. Oatmeal for breakfast, for lunch a crab salad with crab, celery, onion, and a little bit of Miracle Whip. For supper we all went out for Mexican. Of course, I had cheese, cheese enchiladas with a side of rice, and lots of chips and salsa. After we got home Christi made chocolate chip/peanut butter cookies (she makes The best cookies). I only had one (but it was big).

My goal for next week is make the time to do the full 30 minutes of walking each day and I am starting on a new supplement, no flush niacin. I will do 30 days of it before I go back to have my lipids checked. Niacin isn't something you want to take for very long in a supplement form but it really helps lower cholesterol (and it won't damage your liver like Lipitor).

So, how was your weekend?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Your free day was better than mine. I ate anything and everything. UGH!

Kristen said...

I am totally lacking motivation right now, but the weekend was mostly pretty healthy.