Friday, February 10, 2006

Burnt out

I got a little depressed (unrelated to working out) this week and burnt out (mostly unrelated to working out) and kind of fell off the wagon.

I haven't exercised since Tuesday. And Tuesday was so hard. I literally did not want to finish I felt so exhausted.

Wednesday no one (Mom and Dad) was around to spot me in the morning so I skipped my scheduled weight lifting. That day my friend (we were maids of honor in each others' weddings) went into labor and had her baby boy, so working out that evening was out--I was off to the hospital.

Yesterday I was so busy and so down, I skipped working out--and eating most of the day. Sometimes when I'm depressed, I don't overeat, I just stop eating.

Today I just couldn't get out of bed. I might do some cardio tonight. We'll see.

Since this is a lifestyle now, I just have to hop back on the wagon. I don't feel guilty, mainly because I needed the break, but I want to learn to keep working out no matter how I feel emotionally. I need to try to protect myself from getting down and burnt out again and forgoing workouts.

Honestly though, I think I needed a couple days off. It probably is helping me more than hurting me in the long run.

Love you ladies and wanted you to know what was going on.

4 comments:

aola said...

It has just been a yucky week for everyone. I was on my period all week. I didn't walk Sunday or Monday because I was cramping so bad, almost didn't go today because Mark was in the studio and I didn't want to do it alone, again. I had a couple of bad eating days but I'm like you I will just count it as done and move on to next week.

I have to get ready for the red dress!

R said...

Rest can be, well, restorative. I hope it is/was for you.

Sandra said...

It has been that kind of week for me as well. I've been fighting myself to workout. Today I didn't workout. I tried but after ten minutes I just wasn't finding the energy I needed to make it worth it so I stoped. The good thing is, there is no deadline. We can have a day off and get right back in there ready for the fight. I agree with you. I think taking the time you need to come back full force is good for you.

Jeanne said...

I'm glad to know it's not just me. This week kicked my butt. Prayer request (it's weird): I need to start my period this week. I do not want to be traveling cross country with my son on my period. Ugh. Thanks.
Kristen, I love you, girl. You're doing fine and you should rest.