Friday, February 17, 2006

mixed bags

I didn't lose any weight since the last weigh-in either. It is my fault because i have been "treating" myself to fun foods: ice cream, cheese cake, pizza. I obviously don;t do deprivation well. The weird thing is that I have been much better about the food aspect in the past. Now I am much better about the workouts. as I mentioned before, i upped the intensity of my elliptical workouts, and I am feeling stronger on my neighborhood walk/runs, I live in a really hilly neighborhood so it has always been a challenge for me. I am rpud of my workout record. It shows a maturity and commitment that I haven't ever seen from myself before. I was super-fit in high-school, but I didn't have the challenges then that I do now of course. I only went to school half a day and had an eighteen year old's body. I am prouder of myself now.

So hopefully I will focus better on my eating come monday.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

You are doing great Erica! It was so much easier it high school wasn't it?
At SparkPeople they recomend starting out small and working to big. It sounds like that is what you are doing. You've got the exercise part down and when you are ready, the food part will come. You are doing great!

E. Michelle said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Sandra. I have been meaning to tell you that i do sparkpeople too now. helps a lot.

Jeanne said...

Becky, does the elliptical workout hurt your knees? I tried one of those "ski" things and it made my knees so sore? Maybe it's not the same. Can anyone tell me more about them? Are they like treadmills? You'll think I'm crazy but I absolutely cannot do treadmills. When I'm all done, I'm so disoriented, I literally fall down. It's stupid. Anyway, now you know my secret. LOL

Kristen said...

Ooops, Mom meant to address Erica. :) LOL We're tired...can you tell?

Erica, that is so awesome you have been disciplined with the exercise. Come Monday, we'll all be back on track, I think.

R said...

Jeanne,

I'll answer your question, anyway. I think the elliptical is pretty easy on the knees. It's not quite like a ski machine because you bend and push.