Thursday, January 12, 2006

10 Minute Rule

My ten minute rule: If after ten minutes of working out I still don't want to do it, I can quit, but I have to put in the ten minutes. By minute ten of todays workout I was pretty sure that I would only go twenty minutes. At twenty minutes I thought "Thirty minutes..no one could say any thing bad about that. No one would think less of me. Thirty minutes is a reasonable time. Thirty minutes is good." At thirty minutes the theme song from "Flash Dance" came on and I knew I had to finish what I started. I did 45 minutes and stayed strong for my booty boot camp as well as my cool down yoga and stretching. Hey Erica, if you think it feels good to run when it feels good to run, you should try doing it when it doesn't feel so good! It feels good to know that inspite of what I thought I wanted, I did what I needed and came out on top. After my workout I even re-aranged the machines in the club.
When I get home today I have to shampoo the carpets and finish cleaning. Davids sister is comming over tomorrow with our niece Abbey so I have to baby proof things.
Thanks for the encouragement Kristen! You ROCK!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Thanks to you Jeanne for the encouragement too! We posted at the same time!
I'll make sure to let you all know about TBL workout. I hope it isn't one of those that is so tough I end up sitting on the couch watching them workout and hoping it counts for something. (c'mon I know you've all done that too..at least once?)

Kristen said...

Hey, you encourage ME, Sandra!

I follow that 10-minute rule, too!

I bought a cardio dance tape a few years ago and sat and watched it after the first set of steps...way too complicated for a non-dancer like me!

aola said...

Wow. 45 minutes sounds like a killer work out!
I'm doing good to walk 30 minutes.

Kristen said...

Last night when I was working out, I thought of you ladies. I wanted to quit at 10 minutes so bad. I felt so exhausted (long day at the office). The thought of all of you kept me going!

Sandra said...

Awesome Kristen!
45 minutes isn't too long A. I've been working out for two years now and I just now uped it to 45 minutes.