Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Really Am Still Here

Hi Friends,
Thanks for all the birthday greetings. I am still here, just have been busy these last few days writing an article for a newsletter and trying to figure out a problem. Maybe you have some suggestions...this is not diet or exercise related, it's "I gotta have some peace" related. Okay?
My husband leaves his stuff all over the dining room table. This bugs me a lot, partly because he doesn't like it and complains, but its his stuff, for goodness sake! He even has a desk in the kitchen. The other reason it bugs me is because I have been cooking more and I'd like for us to sit at the table without all the clutter. Don't get me wrong...I'm a clutter person, just ask Kristen; but I'd like to sit at the table with Jerry for dinner.
Anyway, I bought a bookcase that I put by the table and put some cute baskets that match the tablecloth. He has blue basket and I have a pink basket for all the crap that is on the table. I like how it looks, and hopefully he'll be able to work with me on keeping the table clear. Do any of you have any other suggestions? Ever had problems like this? My friend, Nora, says I just have to 'suck it up.' She's probably right. Thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, and the other reason it bugs me is because our dining room and living room are practically the same room. It looks messy.

Kristen said...

Hmmm. If this basket thing doesn't work, then I would say, "Yes, suck it up." Men are hard to change after twenty-five years of marriage and sixty-one years of life.

PS I would just start putting his crap in his basket whether he does it or not. He'll get the point.

E. Michelle said...

yeah, I have nothing really to add except that sometimes we can't have everything we want at the same time. I do a lot of sucking up with Chris because I value the overall peaceful tone of our marriage and don't want to sacrifice that for say, unmentionables left two feet from the laundr baskets. I pick my battles...haven't found a better way yet.

Sandra said...

I'd throw his stuff away. Ask my husband. I do it to him all the time. I ask him a few times to please take care of a pile of his papers or something. If he doesn't do it he knows it will end up in the trash. He's learned to just take care of it on his own for the most part. I'm a clean nazi..I know. :)

aola said...

I am not a suck-it-up kind of gal... I would ask him to find somewhere else to put and if he didn't I would stuff it in the basket.

Jeanne said...

Well, the consensus is to clear off the table myself if he doesn't do it and stuff his stuff in the basket. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. We'll see how the new 'system' works this week. On a positive note: the new bookcase and baskets are very, very cute - I love them.