Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Boy, did I screw up tonight...
Schwans has a new product, Shrimp Scampi*. I thought.. Oh, Yeah, shrimp. The Caesar Parmesan shrimp only has 110 calories per serving(13 shrimp). The new shrimp was not listed in the nutrition guide, yet. How bad could this be??
Well, I started cooking supper only to discover that Shrimp Scampi has 310 calories per serving. I counted how many shrimp there were... 35... this means I get to eat 7 shrimp for supper and be happy about it.

Yeah, right.

Talk about a major battle.

But, I did it. Ate my seven little shrimp and a bowl of salad and walked away from the table. I asked Mark to put it in a container and put it away so I couldn't see it anymore.

I did it.

In the back of my mind I kept thinking.... tomorrow is weigh in day. I can't overdo tonight.

Thanks for being my conscience tonight ladies.

* it is really, really good though

4 comments:

Sandra said...

You have such will power! I would have been so mad! LOL I saw that in their catalog the other day but didn't get it. I'm the only one here who likes sea food..crazy when we live so close to several bays and tons of sea food places!

aola said...

I'm really the only one who likes it here, too. Seth and Em acted like I was trying to feed them hog slop. Mark just picks at it...
silly people.

Jeanne said...

You're awesome and I'm very, very proud of you!

Kristen said...

Dang, girl. That's stinking awesome! Such will power!