Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Better Late than Never

So, I'm finally joining the conversation.

My goals are a little different, being that I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I simply don't want to gain over 25 pounds. Thus far, I haven't gained any weight, but I also haven't been exercising enough. I did get out and walk Bear Mountain for the last three days, which instantly lifted my mood. The sun even made an appearance.

This week I hope to do three cardio workouts (walking or elliptical) and two Pilates workouts.

Obstacles: (1) The freaking weather -- ice covered sidewalks and roads are not pregnant lady friendly.

(2) Exhaustion mixed with laziness -- thus far, the worst part of being pregnant. I'm so tired.


Good stuff: (1) I'm in the second trimester, so the exhaustion should fade.
(2) Every day the light takes back a minute or two, and the dark of winter recedes.

Good luck this week ladies.

4 comments:

aola said...

Hey Becky!!
WELCOME!!!!

I love the diversity of our group.
Hope you are feeling a little better these days.

Sandra said...

Welcome Becky! I'm so glad to see you joined! I too am happy that the sun is taking things back little by little.

Jeanne said...

Hello there, Becky. I'm happy that our group is growing.
Jeanne

Kristen said...

Yea Becky!

Like you, I am so happy the days are getting slightly longer!