Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy Monday! My free day went over really well and I'm surprised at my ability to bounce back into routine today. I thought it would be more difficult for me. I have to admit that reading about Aola's onion rings did make my mouth water. For my free day I had pancakes with pb&j for breakfast and an ice cream after dinner. I thought that I would go crazy, but I didn't, and I didn't even want to. We were working hard all weekend or rather I was. David got sick in the middle of my "big plans". I cleaned out the entire house and threw away an entire truck load full of things we have collected and don't need. It felt so good to get it all out of there! If only it were that easy to get rid of the excess weight. One pound at a time, or if it's a really tough day, one calorie at a time. I can't even explain to you all how important this little community is to me and my efforts. It's helping me so much! Thank you all!

4 comments:

aola said...

I've been doing the same thing, cleaning out closets, drawers,etc. only not all at once like you did. I have a huge pile of "stuff" in the bedroom floor to be taken to the Salvation Army.
I guess it stems from what we are doing here, don't you think?

aola said...

oh, yeah, how's David feeling?
Becky wrote me a very quick email to say Nate is very sick...

Jeanne said...

I'm sorry David is sick. When I got home, Jerry was sitting in his chair looking very sluggish. Poor guys.
I have a lot more energy right now and I'm more ambitious about getting things cleared out, too. I think you're right, Aola, about cleaning out our stuff.

Sandra said...

I'm sure it has a lot to do with what we are doing. Change is in the air!

David is still sick. He's got a funky kinda cold thing with lots of congestion and sneezing like crazy! He said he has no energy. Poork thing. Whats with the guys...stronger sex my butt!!!! LOL