Saturday, January 07, 2006

I wanted to share this neato tracker they have at


They have a ton of different styles to chose from. If you do any posting in forums or anything it's fun to see it there or even just to post it here or on your personal blog every month or so. It's silly, but hey..it's cute too!

Thanks everyone for such a good week. I really learned a lot about myself this week.

1. I tend to binge.
2. I eat when I'm stressed or tired.
3. I do have the willpower to say "NO!" and to throw food out if need be. I just have to choose to use it!
4. My body is much more capable than I give it credit for.

I've signed up for a weight loss challenge at my scrapbooking site. It's really fun because we do layouts about the journey.
The PTO at Erin's school is also starting an excercise program. One of the moms is a personal trainer. I'm really excited about attending the next meeting and learning from her!
Little by little I am training David and Erin. This morning David asked me if I wanted some of his sugary cereal. I said "No thanks honey. It's not on my plan." He said "Oh I'm sorry. I will remember not to ask again." In the past I've tried to put them on the plan with me only to realize that I don't have the willpower for all of us. (Erin is super skinny so I'm not trying to get her to lose weight, but to eat more healthy foods.) This time, I am not going to worry about their choices although I do supervise what Erin eats as I want her to grow up eating healthy so that later in life this will not be a chore for her. David will have to do it when he is ready.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Those little trackers are cute.

It's good David and Erin are supportive of you making these changes.

Jeanne said...

Sandra, you've inspired me this week with your honesty and openness. I chuckled when I read this post...one of the things I learned (well, admitted) this week is that I really do want to control Jerry's eating and workouts, but I don't want to be his mommy, either. How mixed-up is that? I guess when I relinquish control over him and other situations that aren't "mine", maybe I'll have more wise control over eating and exercise.
Also, I loved what David said about remembering to not ask you again. How old are your kids anyway?
I am going to see if I can't get that tracker. It's adorable and fun and it will make me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

Jeanne, we only have one daughter. Her name is Erin. David is my husband although he acts like a kid at times. :)
I'm the same way with my husband, I want him to do what I want, but I don't want to have to tell him to do it. I just want him to know to do it!
Crazy aren't I?!?

Jeanne said...

Sandra, can you send me the directions on how to get the tracker? Can I download it onto my computer? Thanks.

aola said...

I pretty much let Mark keep his sugar habit (there would be hell to pay if I didn't). I did buy his chocolate chip cookies. But, I've noticed as we go along he is changing what he is eating by choice.
Mostly I cook what I need to be eating and if they don't want it or like it they can always go get the peanut butter jar.
There hasn't been much complaining because from the very start I told them that this was important to all of us for me to be healthy so I could stay around a long time.