Monday, January 09, 2006

Hey There!

So, how did the weekend go? Did you all survive your free days? I actually did - and I attribute it to God's grace and mercy. We went out to eat, but stayed within reasonable limits and later, in the evening, we went out to have a DQ blizzard. Yum, cookie dough. I felt like I deserved it, but at the same time, I don't want to reward myself with food...that's how I got here in the first place, by having an emotional attachment to food (a comfort, a reward, a celebration, whatever.) So, gotta find a better weekly reward. Guess what I didn't get that I really, really wanted? A latte. Not for the caffeine, though, just because I like 'em. This Friday is my birthday and since I turned 40 (about 4 years ago,) I have been trying to go away for my birthday - a retreat of sorts - and I'm going this weekend. To Shelton. Kristen will laugh because Shelton isn't the most exciting place to go around here, but the hotel has wireless internet access and seems nice with a fitness center and Walmart close by. What else could a girl ask for, right?
I have to write a NL article on love. Any insights? Any quotable quotes? I'm serious. I love to hear any insights you have on the good and bad of love.
Hope and pray you all have a great week. Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

aola said...

ohhh, a DQ moo-latte, yummy!! We don't have a DQ in our area any more but every time I go where there is one I get a moo-latte.
Yes, I am much better today.
Thanks.

Kristen said...

I had a DQ peanut butter cup blizzard on my free day. :)

Are you just going away for the night? (We've got that baby shower the next day...)

I'll try to think of some "love quotes" for you...

Sandra said...

Great job on your free day! I'm with you on the whole food reward thing. My friend and I used to do things like buy Burts Bees products that we love or get a new hair cut. Having a free food day is nice though. A girl needs a day not to think about diet.