Saturday, January 07, 2006

Today is a better day

Yesterday was one of those "good for nothing" days. My alarm didn't go off in the morning (but somehow was set to go off this morning at 5:50 a.m. GRRR!) so I didn't get my morning workout in. Then I had to go to a not-so-healthy restaurant for a work-related lunch. I didn't order soda or dessert, but I didn't order the healthiest thing on the menu either.

Crazy enough, I have another work-related luncheon to go to next Friday--and both my brother's and mom's birthdays are this next week--so I will really have to be the Queen of Self Control to get through all these planned yummy food events.

After a pep talk from my mom last night, I felt a lot better. The rough day yesterday will just keep more motivated next week.

All we can do after days like yesterday is just get back on track the next day and keep going. Which is what I am doing today.

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

My Sissy. Did you know you're my hero. I want to be like you when I grow up. "Forgetting what lies behind, I press on..." That's all we can do.
Nothing special for my birthday...I want to stay on track, too. And for Darren's??? Maybe we'll do like you and just eat first, then have a drink or something light. Maybe we could split something? Whatever, Sweets.
You're doing great!!!

Sandra said...

I'm so glad you posted this! It helped me so much to read it and realize that I'm not the only one with "bad" days. Not to say that I want anyone else to have them, but just to know that it doesn't come easy for everyone but me is a huge weight off my shoulders!
It sounds like you still managed to be pretty strong and make good choices regarding the desert and drink. With your mom there to help you through the birthday's this week I know the two of you will do great!
Thanks for being open and honest with us!