Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hello Ladies,
Today was hard. Can I complain for a couple minutes? I feel yucky...no sugar and less caffeine is making me feel flu-ish. Pretty normal for withdrawal symptoms and I know I'll feel better in a couple days, but it depresses me to want to have more energy and do more, but feel so crappy. I was all gungho to get going with my new routine, but I forgot to take into account the withdrawals. I have to remember not to freak out on my free day and consume the stuff that makes me feel like this.
My husband, who wants to do this, doesn't get the eating part. He really thinks he needs more to eat...he's a grazer...but he really doesn't. I think I just need to accommodate his style and have things available that he likes and that are good for him, too. Does that make sense?
On the plus side, I really do know this will pass and I'll feel better in a week or so. And I can feel results already - just because I'm sore. And, I love the statement that day is stealing back the light. Hallelujah! Today wasn't pitch black when I went to work and that is good! And, today I ate well, resisted strong temptation, and was reasonably nice to everyone. :o)
We have to remember not to be too hard on ourselves, I think. Like several have said, one minute, one meal, one step all make up the process and we don't have to be perfect. Hmmm, maybe that's how we got overweight and out of shape...dealing with our pressure to perform and not really doing it. True for me. Anyone else?

4 comments:

aola said...

jeanne - the first several days I felt awful and like I was starving to death but my body is finally adjusting, some.
Maybe going cold turkey on the caffeine and sugar is too much?? Maybe cutting it out slowly would work better for you and Jerry.
I cut my caffeine intake in half and am slowly cutting it back as I go along.
Just a thought.

Sandra said...

Jeanne, you are doing great! You'll get through this. I think leaving healthy snacks out for your husband is a great idea. Sometimes you just need something, and if he's going to eat it might as well be something healthy.
You're stronger than I. I haven't managed to cut out the caffeine. I only have one cup a day though and today I didn't add any pepermint flavoring so no added sugar.
Keep up the good work!

Jeanne said...

Aola, good thought. I think you're right...only I didn't go cold turkey. There a lot of factors - menopause, this new stuff, and I haven't been sleeping for the last three days. I gotta have my sleep to be a real person. (whine) Okay, I'm done. :o)

Sandra, thanks so much for the encouragement!

Kristen said...

Here's a head pat for you, pookie.

You know I'm here.