Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday, Friday, Fri-day (in my best conga line voice)

So, has everyone got their free day all planned out?
I still can't make up my mind..... burgers and fries or pizza.... Em wants to go to Bandana's and that means big fat onion rings...

I've had a good week, stayed under 1400 calories every day. Not one bite of bread, pasta, or rice has passed my lips. I have walked from 20 - 25 minutes every day and worked out with weights 3 times. I always drink lots of water, it is my preferred drink so that's an easy one for me.

I can't tell any difference yet in the way I look or the way my clothes are fitting which is pretty depressing but Mark says my butt looks "tight" (I think he is a silver tongued devil).

The battery is dead on our scale so I haven't weighed all week which is probably a good thing because that just brings disappointment.

I'm not discouraged though, in fact, just the opposite. I feel good about what we are doing. I feel healthy and know it will show sooner or later.
I just want to thank all of you again, doing this with all of you is helping me stay on track.

I appreciate you ALL, your opinions and encouragement and strength.

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Love,
A

9 comments:

E. Michelle said...

Aola,
Since I live in San Antonio, Mexican food is plentiful and delicious and cheap. and I am, consequently, chubby.

aola said...

Oh, I've always wanted to come to San Antonio, heard it is such a beautiful place. And,yeah, I bet the Mexican food is very good. I lived in Colorado for a short time. That is where I learned to appreciate "good" Mexican food.

Jeanne said...

I still can't decide what to do on our free day. Do we want to go to JJ North's, Jerry's favorite buffet? Or just get ice cream at DQ? Or nothing at this point? I feel like we have some good momentun and I'm nervous about getting off track.

aola said...

Two years ago I put myself and our daughter on a strict 1200 calorie a day diet. We stayed on it for about 8 months. She is really overweight; because of her Downs she has a very slow metabolism and because of her hip she doesn't move around very much, even swimming becomes painful after just a few times. She needed to lose some weight and I couldn't make her do it alone. We both lost about 15 pounds which we kept off.
I said all that to say, after a while you get where you don't even want to pig out on your free day because you feel yucky afterwards. It just gets where it is not worth it.
I guess bottom line is, Jeanne, that if your not comfortable taking a free day... don't.

Jeanne said...

Aola, I am beginning to understand why Kristen loves you so much. Thank you.

Sandra said...

Yeah the "free day" thing scares me too! I'm going to have a free meal. It's funny because I don't really usually eat burgers or fries or anything. I love chicken and veggies. Really I do! I think we are going to go to Chilis but I'm not 100% sure. It's not until tomorrow so I have time to think about it. A cherry coke from Johny Rockets sounds good too!

aola said...

Hey, Sandy.. did I tell you we are getting a Chili's in Ada??

Yipee!!

Sandra said...

Chili's in Ada? That is reason enough to move back! LOL Welcome to modern society!

Kristen said...

I had Japanese food. My favorite. Nothing unhealthy really, just a lot of food at one time. :)

I know what you mean about not wanting to undo a lot of effort. Sometimes it seems easier to me to do a cheat meal rather than go crazy all day long. Eating a lot of greasy food tends to make me feel sluggish and icky anyway.