Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cool

I am really starting to appreciate the whole 12-week concept of Body for Life.

On the one hand, I have a goal, a date, a time to "cross the finish line." I am motivated to succeed because I want to look back on these twelve weeks without regrets. In twelve weeks, I will be able to say, "Here is my success. This is what I did." If I was making these changes without an "end" date in mind, it just wouldn't be as motivating for me, I think. It would be harder to force myself to make good decisions every day.

On the other hand, if I mess up, it's not the end of the world. After all, these twelve weeks are just the start of a new healthy lifestyle; I have a whole lifetime of good choices ahead of me. I'm not competing against anyone, but I am challenging myself to do better. I know I can do it!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Having a goal date is awesome! 12 weeks is nothin. You can so do that!! At work we started a rip off of the biggest loser. Normally challenges only envolve members, but my coworker and I decided to make our own team this time and see if we can lose more than the two member teams. It will all be based on percent of weight lost so we have a chance. It's very motivating! It's an 8 week challenge so I have a goal too!

Jeanne said...

Plus, if you have a partner in the contest, it's harder to quit since you don't want to let your teammate down. Good idea!

aola said...

Knowing that I will be going back to the doctor to have my triglycerides tested at the end of the March gives me a goal to shoot for, having a deadline helps me not loose sight of what I'm doing.