Sunday, January 15, 2006

Free Bird

"Doesn't having a free day make it harder for you to get back on your schedule?", asked Mark.
"Well, yes, it does, a little. You might stretch your stomach a little and it is sometimes hard to go back to eating right the next day but you have to have a free day to keep your sanity!", I replied.

YES, It's my FREE DAY.

Ok, so Levi and I got out the cookie cookbook yesterday and looked for the most decadent thing we could find to bake (at Sandy's suggestion). Levi likes to bake and had volunteered to make the Free Day desert for me. We picked out Hello Dolly Bars. Oh, my, gosh.... it cost almost $20.00 just to buy the ingredients. You layer graham cracker crumbs with melted butter, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, pecans, top with Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk and bake. I bet it has 500 calories a bite!!
And, when it is all said and done I bet Sandy is right... I won't be able to eat but a bite or two.
Good thing we are having company tonight.

We are going to order in pizza and watch Cinderella Man and play games.

So, what did you do on your free day?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Enchiladas.

Flan with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

Cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper.

White cheddar popcorn.

'Nuff said.

Jeanne said...

Can you believe it? I haven't had a thing to eat yet. But I'm thinking KFC or McDonalds. Cravings, you see.

Jeanne said...

I loved Cinderella Man (or almost any Russell Crowe movie.) I wish Russell wasn't such a poophead... he's so nice to look at.
(Now, don't you nice Christian ladies act all shocked! God made him "pretty" I'm just acknowledging it.)

E. Michelle said...

not at all shocked.

Sandra said...

My dad started with cream cheese and apricot stuffed french toast. I cut one piece of whole grain bread in half, but I smothered it in syrup. YUM!
I opened a can of coke thinking to myself "hahahaha guilty feeling...you can't touch me. It's my free day!" I took one drink and down the sink it went. Too sweet!
Don't think I was an angel though. We had Wendy's for lunch dinner. I had a double burger with cheese and fries. That can only mean one thing. It's close to that time of the month. I only want burgers during that time.
Your cookies sound yummmmmy!