Monday, January 30, 2006

Time to press in

Today is a weight day for me. I did three sets of 10 reps for the following...

CHEST: Incline bench press
BACK: Good mornings (for lower back and hamstrings)
SHOULDERS: Bent over raises (kind of like lateral raises, but bent over at the waist)
HAMMIES: Stiff-legged deadlifts
QUADS: Starting doing Bulgarian squats, but felt a weird muscle pull in my right inner thigh so I stopped. It still hurts a little. Hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow. Oy vey! Finished working on quads with some leg extensions instead so I wouldn't work my inner thighs so much.

No cardio (yet). May do some tonight while Jason is watching 24.

Diet is:
Meal 1-3 oz of chocolate protein powder with 1 cup (cooked) oatmeal
Meal 2-1 hardboiled egg with one (larger) slice of whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter (about 1 tbsp)
Meal 3-3 oz lean steak (top round) seasoned with pepper and garlic salt with 2/3 cup of sweet potatoes plus a salad with balsamic vinagrette
Meal 4-1/2 cup of cottage cheese with mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries-frozen mix)

I haven't eaten meals 5 & 6 yet, but I'm planning on eating:

Meal 5-Lean ham or steak in a whole wheat tortilla with stir fry vegetables
Meal 6-(practically a cheat meal I love it so much) 1/2 cup of Grape Nuts + skim milk and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

TOTAL calories: approximately 1650-1750.

Water: I'm trying to drink a gallon each day (16 8-oz cups); I'm on my 14th cup and close to my eighth trip to the restroom. Ha!

I am trying something a little new as far as my diet goes: I am preparing my lunches (and some of my dinners) on Sundays to eat throughout the week. My 1,2,4, and 6 meals will stay mostly the same, but my lunch (3) and dinner (5) will vary a little (lean steak and ham one week with sweet potatoes and rice, chicken and tuna the next with pasta and WW bread). That way my calories stay pretty consistent so I'll know if I need to tweak them up or down to reach my goals. I know some people like more variety in their diet, but I'm pretty good with eating like this. I usually rotate J's dinners on a two-weeks schedule and it works pretty well for us.

Have a beautiful day, girls. I don't know about y'all, but I think I've hit a little of that "dieting slump" where you're not seeing results quickly and want to give up. But this, more than ever, is the time to press in and keep working hard.

4 comments:

aola said...

sounds really healthy and good. You eat lots of protein,huh?

and a gallon of water..Wow! I would do nothing but go pee all day long.

Sandra said...

You are doing great Kristen! Your workout sounds pretty killer and the diet looks pretty good.
Keep it up! You can do this!

R said...

I like your meal plan. Close to mine when I'm doing good. Lately, mine's had too many processed carbs, but I'm hitting the grocery store today.

Kristen said...

Aola, yeah, protein and peeing all day long.

Thanks for the encouragement, Sandra.

Becky, I'm starting to love grocery shopping now that I have a plan. :)