Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Diet? What Diet?

I ate birthday cake yesteray. No one I know personally had a birthday recently so there was no celebration to blame it on. My daughter went to a birthday party with my sister-in-law on Saturday. She brought her cake home placed it in the the fridge, and I ate it. I didn't stop with the cake either. While watching American Idol, I had a slice of cranberry apple bread. I didn't go over on calories too much, but I felt like a pig. I ate for reasons other than hunger and that always makes me feel awful. I feel out of control and I'm a person who loves control. I'm sure it's due to the fact that my hormones are raging right now and a call from my twin that put me right over the edge. It was a step back, but today I'll make two steps forward and call it even.
I haven't managed to do the Biggest Loser workout yet. David's been home sick and he's a t.v. nazi. I wouldn't want him to have to sit through watching me workout anyway.
My new mantra is "Make the right choice not the right now choice."

5 comments:

aola said...

My day yesterday almost sent me over the edge but I kept thinking about your post and telling myself I only wanted to eat everything in the frig because I was stressed out.
I did eat a little more than usual but didn't go completely crazy.

Thanks!

Kristen said...

Good mantra.

I think mine will be, "One step back, two steps forward."

E. Michelle said...

great mantra.

Jeanne said...

THAT IS THE BEST MANTRA I'VE EVER HEARD! I'm making it a little sign for all over my house and workspace. Wow!! My pastor would even like it.
Stop being so hard on yourself...the horse is still there - just get back on, Baby!

Kristen said...

Sometimes when I am tempted to overeat (binge), I try to remember what it felt like last time (not good at all). This even helps me on Saturday free days.