Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bad Combinations

My sister-in-law was in town yesterday. She's stunning at 5'7 and 147lbs. She thinks she fat. I think she's perfect. It's really all about our own perception of ourself isn't it? I can tell her she looks hot all I want, but unless she believes it, it won't matter a bit.
After an afternoon of shopping, we were all hungry and decided to go to dinner. Our first choice was Chili's which I knew I could handle. They have awesome chicken wrapers that I love! Chili's had a 45 minute wait. We ended up going to Armadilo Willy's, a yummy bar-b-que place. I don't know about you, but for me being so hungry I could eat just about anything and going to a yummy resteraunt is a combination for disaster! What I wanted was yummy ribbs smothered in bbq sauce and french fries with. What I got was the grilled chicken sandwhich on whole wheat with no mayo, a side salad, and a diet pepsi. It was delish! The chicken had a nice smokey flavor which cured my hankerin for bar-b-que and over all it was a healthy choice so I had none of the quilt that accompanies making a bad choice.
The Shwans man came by last night after we got home and I didn't even think twice about not ordering ice cream. I did order some ham and egg omlets that I can microwave! I'll let you know how those workout.
Thanks for all the advice and support yesterday. You ladies are the bestest!!! :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I go crazy when I'm hungry, too (and sometimes when I'm not! Ha!). Good for you for making the right choices. I don't know about you, but knowing I can tell the gals here about my choice later is hugely motivating.

aola said...

I noticed in the last Schwans catalog that they are putting in many more healthy choices.
I love my Schwans man :)
Their fresh caught salmon w/mesquite flavoring is so yummy and their shrimp is the absolute best I've ever bought. Em and I like the garlic parmesean shrimp.

Your post made me think about the Phenomenal Woman poem.

Sandra said...

Kristen, yes posting about it here is a huge motivating factor for me. It's a combination of wanting to share the good and not wanting to say I ordered something bad.

Aola, I love my Schwans man too! I'm going to have to try the garlic parmesean shrimp. Sounds really good.
I think that poem should be our modo! We are phenomenal women!

Jeanne said...

Sandra, I am so proud of you. You're not necessarily accountable to those folks you were with, and could've chosen to have those lovely ribs, but you chose healthy. What a sense of power you must have! What an example you are to me. Way to go!