Monday, January 23, 2006

Well, my free day wasn't too horrible. We went out to dinner at Dave & Busters. I ordered my favorite, parmesan crusted chicken scallopini with alfredo. I only ate half. Before you go thinking I'm some kind of patron saint, you should know that the portions are huge so eating half was really a matter of what my stomache could hold as opposed to any willpower I may or may not have asserted. Although, I must say I didn't eat too much and feel that icky too full feeling. I made the triple fudge cake, but I chose to make little individual ones. There were twelve total. I ate one. I am going to freeze the rest. I know that they will be safe in my freezer.
It's going to be a stressfull week for me. They called us on Friday to say Erin is having surgery on Tuesday. Yep, that's tomorrow. It's a minor surgery, but even minor surgery on my little girl is a big deal to me. We go in this evening to talk to the doctor and find out all the in's and out's. All I know currently is that she will be having surgery to remove her appendix tomorrow morning some time. I plan on staying in the hospital with her all day tomorrow and through the night. She'll be released some time Wednesday.
I'll let you all know how she is when I can. I am sure things will go well and she will be fine.
On a little side note, the 4lbs that were missing from the scale are still missing. I never believe it until I see it at least 3 times. :)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Good for you on the four pounds. We'll be praying for you and your family this week!

aola said...

I need more details....

why the surgery? I thought the apendix burst? are they taking out what was left of it? how long will she be in the hospital?

I'm going to go look for something pink and shiny to send to her now...

much love,
A

aola said...

and ... I think it is a good idea to post our losses once a month, too.
I'm going to try not to get on the scales again until Friday.

E. Michelle said...

Noted, and agreed. I will not be filling this blog up with worthless weigh-ins.

Sandra said...

aola, the apendix did burst but healed. The surgery is elective..we chose to have it done rather than risk her being out of commision again and possibly experiencing a worse case of appendicitise although there is no guarantee that she would ever have another there is also no guarantee that she would not. It's a simple one day surgery and to us it just made more sence to do it this way and avoid any more serious situations in the future. The doctor left it up to us and said we weren't crazy for choosing either but that personaly she would have it removed too because there is no guarantee that her body would do so well at healing it's self later on.

aola said...

erica... I didn't mean that we should "only" post our losses once a month, but at least once a month, say at the first of the month everyone post their losses for the prior month.

I love hearing about each victory!!