Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm finding Spark People to be a very resourcefull site.
I haven't spent much time there, but what little time I spend has been helpfull. I just found this article Get A Handle On Emotional Eating after reading your post, Kristen. I especialy love this part of the article;
"The kicker is that stress, and the insulin jump that goes with it, may actually cause you to crave high sugar, high carbohydrate foods.."

I don't know about you all, but knowing that this craving is a physical reaction and not just a mental one is a comfort to me.

Today has been a much better day. I had a good work out with a nice long stretching time. The club wasn't as busy as yesterday so I wasn't interupted during my workout. yesterday I worked out for a few minutes and the phone rang or a customer came it. It made it impossible to keep my heart rate up and frustrated me to no end. I am very task oriented so any distraction makes me crazy even if it is part of my job. I guess that is the down side of being able to workout while I'm at work.

By the way, the ham egg and chese omlets I ordered from Schwans are the best! I heat one in the microwave for 2 minutes and throw it on a piece of whole grain toast. It's 320 calories (220 for the omlet and 100 for the toast) and one of the most filling "quick" breakfasts I've tried. I have it around 6 a.m. and don't feel hungry until 10 a.m. And, I've added whole grain crackers with laughing cow light cheese as an afternoon snack. I have 3 crackers with one small spreadable cheese wedge for a total of 120 calories. It's so yummy and filling too! It's taken care of that late afternoon hunger. Thanks for all the advice ladies!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Looks like you figured out what do for your breakfast and snacks! Good for you!

Thanks for posting that article; it was really good! Like you said, it is comforting to know that my reaction to stressful situations is both physical and mental.