Friday, January 27, 2006

Ok, I will go first since we are finished with school for the day/week and I have a little time to kill.

I won't always add so much explanation but thought I would this time:


1-26-06
10:00 am
1 cup (old fashioned) oatmeal w/ 2T brown sugar, 1T butter (not margerine)
and 2T dried cranberries cooked in...........................................................300
1/2 cup coffee w/ cream.............................................................................. 50

After breakfast while getting dressed I do 10 -15 minutes of yoga type exercise. While I do these I am listening to Audio Visions on XM radio (very Zen like music). I incorporate the exercise and music into a time of prayer and worship; ie... bending/strecthing my will unto His, reaching up to Him, etc.

12:00 noon
1/2 cup rice
w/stewed tomatoes, carrots, onions, celery................................................150
1/2 cup coffee....................................................................................................50

1:00
walk for 30 minutes

3:00
snack of:
1 cup smoothie .............................................................................................120
made with soy milk, low fat yogurt, soy protein, flax seed, and frozen fruit
(yesterday I used blueberrie and strawberries)

6:00
salad w/chicken breast............................................................................. 150
1T blue cheese dressing

9:00
1/4 cup granola
1/2 cup low fat yogurt
2 T blueberries.......................................................................................... 180

10:00
while watching Ellen I do
50 reps each arm with an 8 pound weight - Curls
50 reps each arm with an 8 pound weight - lifting above my head and strecthing over to the side
50 crunches (10 at time and breath)

Then I got weak and ate a bowl of popcorn with Emily while we watched a movie

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks, Aola. I like your Zen-like worship time. Very cool.

I'm surprised your (delicious-sounding) oatmeal concoction isn't more calories. One cup of old-fashioned oatmeal for me is 300 calories without the added stuff...hmmm.

I think I'll start doing this on Sunday or Monday.

Kristen said...

PS It looks like you only had 1,000 calories total; is that true? By the way, popcorn isn't too bad of a snack, especially compared to greasy chips or cookies.

Sandra said...

Wow! It seems like you aren't eating much at all. I could not survive on that. Seriously, I think I'd faint.
I love the zen yoga idea too. I do a little of that with my stretching and it always helps to center me.

aola said...

kristen,
Quaker Old Fashioned oats are 150 calories for 1/2 cup (dry) which makes 1 cup cooked.

Yeseterday was a good day... I don't always do that well.

Popcorn is not really a good snack. Microwave popcorn has trans fat and a lot of calories.
But, oh, how I love it.

And. I forgot to write in all the water I drink. I try to finish off a 64oz (2 qt.) pitcher every day.

Kristen said...

Oh, I see, one cup COOKED. I get it!

(Trots off to eat low-sodium, low-butter popcorn happily, because it's allowed on Body for Life...LOL)

aola said...

but how does it taste????

Kristen said...

Actually really good. I'm not into too much butter anyway. I don't think I'm lactose intolerant, but butter, cheese, and yogurt just don't do anything for me.

I do like my ice cream though. :) The only dairy thing I eat much anymore is cottage cheese (by the boatload--good source of protein).