Thursday, January 19, 2006

SMALL VICTORIES AGAIN

Ah, today was one weird day! Jerry worked all night and got home around 5:30 a.m. I got up and did my workout and got ready for work. Just the usual morning stuff, you know. At one point, I went outside to make sure Jerry had taken the garbage to the street and again to look for the paper. I noticed a minivan parked across the street, but didn't really take notice of it. Until I left for work and it followed me. I thought it was weird so I took a funky way to work and that stupid van followed me ALL THE WAY to my workplace, into the parking lot even. So I get out of my car and the van looks like its gonna park close by, so I walk toward it to ask the driver why he was following me. He leaves - not in a hurry, but leaves. Okay, I think, just some weirdo trying to freak me out. (He did.) Then later, I saw the van drive by the front of the store. Okay that was just way too strange. So, on my break about 30 mins later, I drove my car thru the parking lot to see if the van was around. Sure enough, the van was parked at the end other end of the strip mall. I got the license number, but didn't see anyone in the van from the back. When I drove around, I saw someone inside and pulled up to talk to the person. She (yes, she) hightailed it outta there. I got out of my car and yelled, "HEY!" but she purposely ignored me and left.
Of course, there are a million things I could have done. I should've parked behind the van so it couldn't drive away; I should've followed her; etc. But what I did was go back to my office and freak out, then I called the police. The dispatch center had an officer there in just a couple of minutes...we are right next door to a sheriff's office. So he took my report and ran the plates. But nothing else has happened at this point. Which is fine. BUT, I just realized something...I didn't turn to food to comfort myself. That is so awesome! Anywhoo, thanks for listening. Love you guys.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You were probably too nervous to eat! Ha! Once again, I'm glad you're okay. You really need to get some pepper spray, girlfriend.

aola said...

Well, I'm glad nothing any crazier than be followed around happened to you!! and that you called the police.

Glad you are ok.

Sandra said...

YIKES..that would have made me crazy! Sounds like you did all the right things. You pretty brave to ask them what they were doing..!