Monday, January 02, 2006

Day 1

Although leftover Christmas candy (I feel your pain over the sugar cookies, Sandy!) has been calling my name, today is the first day of Body for Life for me (and my mom and dad).

My weight workout this morning was HARD. Really hard. I probably won't be able to lift my arms tomorrow!

So far eating is good. I've drank 10 glasses of water (will shoot for 10-16 each day) thus far. I was so tempted to have Starbucks today with J; it's the last day of our Christmas vacation. Back to work tomorrow. I think sticking to eating well is so much easier when I'm at work without any tempting snacks around (white cheddar popcorn, anyone?).

I am so excited about getting back into the habit of working out and eating well. I took my measurements today as well. We'll see how my measurements and habits have changed at the end of twelve weeks!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Way to go Kristen! I'm with you, I think it is so much easier to stick to healthy eating when I'm at work and not able to just snack although work does create another problem for me. There is no fridge or microwave and I'm there for 7.5 hours. That means cold lunch every day which is great in the summer, but salad in winter just isn't appetizing. I try to wait until I get home but by then I am famished. I deffinantly need a better solution.

aola said...

I could have killed Mark tonight. I was fixing shrimp, baked pot. and salad for supper and he came in a made cinnamon rolls (leftover from Christmas).

But... I didn't eat one. My mouth is still watering and I'm hoping they will be gone when I go back in.

Thanks Honey!

Jeanne said...

Sandra, can you take soup in a thermos. Something healthy and comforting, too? I hate salad in winter too.

Jeanne said...

Kris, you wouldn't believe the candy I threw away today. Well, maybe you would, but the really shocking thing is that your dad threw away candy. My goodness...what's gonna happen?

Kristen said...

My dad? He through away candy?

Are you sure he isn't inhabited by some alien?