Monday, January 16, 2006

Once again, celebrating small victories

I've been doing well on getting up to workout, drinking lots of water and getting in my veggies. I knew this would be challenging, but so far so good.

When the weather is this crummy (we're heading into our 29th straight day of rain), it just makes me want to munch on chocolate all day. So far, I've been successful at avoiding it for the most part. I need to remember that being tempted isn't the same as falling. It's okay to be tempted. Heck, in this case, even falling is okay. Just get back up. I'll probably never get to the point where I'm not tempted to munch on chocolate chip cookies when I'm stressed or depressed or bored. But I make day by day choices to do right.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yeah, you are doing great. You inspire me to keep going. Love you.

Sandra said...

I so feel ya! Yesterday was a paticularly rough day. Work was crazy and I had to take David to the hospitalj. (He has Pnmonia)As we were waiting for his perscription I made a wrong turn down the candy isle. All I wanted to do was drown my sorrow in chocolate while listening to some Hank Williams. (I'm kidding about the Hank Williams but not the chocolate.)
I had almost convinced myself that I could give in this once, but I didn't.
This site is the only reason I didn't.
You and the other ladies are so inspiring!

Kristen said...

Now Johnny Cash and chocolate...that would be a great combo. Thanks, ladies.

I'm saving the chocolate chip cookies for Saturday (free day).

aola said...

The teenage drama going on at my house this week is enough to drive you to eatin' chocolate, for sure!!

Jeanne said...

How about Elvis or Merle Haggard with those cookies. LOL

R said...

Sorry about David -- hope he is okay. And you all are doing great!