Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cinnamon Roll, Thou Hast No Power!

I said no to a cinnamon roll not once but three times last night. It felt good to know I had the power (even if I didn't have the want) to say no. I told myself I was going to have one, that this could be the 10. (See comments on Kristens HMMM post). Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorites. When my friend asked me if I wanted one, time stretched herself out giving me the extra moments I needed to stop and think about what taking that cinnamon roll would mean, and I was able to gather all the will power I have gained over the last two weeks and say "No thank you.". I was able to say it again when she said I could have "just a bite" if I wanted. And I said it a thrid time this morning when I woke to see that she had left the tray with one roll on my counter. Cinnamon roll 0; Sandra 3.

3 comments:

aola said...

Yeah Sandy....

and boy do I know that battle!! When Mark made a whole pan full of them the other night (10 hot gooey iced and buttered)I managed to say NO (for a while). After supper was over and I still had a few calories left for the day I waited until it was time for my 9:00 snack and then ate one.
I also threatened him with his life if he did that to me again :)

Kristen said...

That is awesome.

Sometimes just taking the time to stop and THINK is what I need to say, "No thanks. I don't need that." (And the healthier I eat, the more "junk" makes me feel gross after I eat it. It will taste great in my mouth, but make my stomach sick.)

Thanks for taking the time to research the period stuff. It means a lot to me.

Jeanne said...

I'm proud of you Sandy!