Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Exchange

Good Morning Ladies!
Yesterday was a much better day for me. I started a new program that is outlined in "The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine". It's a healthy exchange program. Basically, I have x number of servings of each food group per day based on a 1500 calorie diet. It's a fairly simple plan I just have to check some of the serving ammounts now and then. I made a list of all the foods I'll eat and their serving size and a nifty little chart to keep track of the servings per day. It's fun because I get to check off little boxes. (Somtimes it's the little things. Right?) The only thing that doesn't thrill me about the plan is that it's practically vegan. They recomend I have 2 oz of lean meat, cheese, or eggs per day. I really don't think that is enough for me so I will be making changes in that area.
I managed to workout Monday and Tuesday which is huge for me. On Monday I am usually still in weekend mode and don't workout. I also manged to be in bed by 10:30 both Monday and Tuesday evening. My goal is to be in bed by 10 each night because 5 a.m. comes really early.

10 comments:

E. Michelle said...

i wasw going to ask about everyone's sleep patterns-- i feel less sorry for myself if others are having to get up really early too... as long as I know I am getting a comparable amount of sleep. I try to go to bed around 11:30 to start at 6:30 but last night it was 12:30. aaah. the fitness commitment implies so many other commitments.

aola said...

I usually don't get in bed until after 11:00 and I never sleep well (up and down all night) but I don't have to get up early to go to work(or anywhere else) since my office is 10 feet from the house and I can go in my pj's if I want to :)
I do my walking right after lunch everyday and any other workout that I do is done in the evenings.

I am definitely NOT a morning person.

aola said...

Sandy - sounds like a good plan and I agree that is good to make your own exchanges to help you be more satisfied and hopefully stay on track easier.
Our goals needs to be reasonable or we will get frustrated and fail.

Sandra said...

Erica, there are nights when I don't go to bed until 12:30 as well. I still have to be up by 5 though and I know that is not good for my body or my mind. It also takes it's tole on those around me as I'm very cranky!! I'm not a morning person, but I have to be with this job.

A- thanks for the encouragement. It's all about trading what you will do. You can't make unreasonable expectations all at once. I'll just feel like a failure if i do that.

Kristen said...

I get a lot more sleep than y'all. I try to get eight hours. Mainly because I'm a bitch if I don't get it, and J is a punk when he doesn't sleep, so...

:)

Sandra, I think you need more protein, girl. Like, a lot more. Protein builds your muscles. You need it!

E. Michelle said...

i get totally cranky, too. and foggy-brained.

Jeanne said...

I am so glad yesterday was better for you. (Give me hope.)
I agree with Kristen that you need more protein. If you're getting it in the produce you're eating that's good, but 2 ounces of meat protein seems low to me.
I'm a list person and having a checklist works so well for me.
Good for you!!

Kristen said...

BTW, good for you for working out those two days! Woohoo!

I love checking boxes, too.

Sandra said...

Kristen and Jeanne, I agree. I added more protien yesterday and will do the same today. There is no way I couldn't add it. In their version of the diet you get protien from beans. Like I said, it's slanted toward veganism. Which is good if you are in fact vegan. I am not.

Jeanne said...

Meat MMMMM!