Sunday, January 29, 2006

CELEBRATE

I woke up this morning feeling like life is worth celebrating. We have had a couple of inches of rain this weekend, every thing looks fresh and renewed. The sun is shining and it feels like springtime. Although I know in my head that is not altogether a good thing because we all know winter is not over yet but in my heart I felt like celebrating.

Fairly often we entertain on Sunday evenings. I love to cook for a crowd. Jason & Shyla, Levi & Christi, and we will be here tonight. I have a huge rump roast cooking in the oven, carrots to be added later. I will make mashed potatoes, rolls, and a salad. I baked a double layer chocolate fudge cake with fudge icing and chocolate sprinkles. We have chocolate and vanilla ice cream to go with that. I'll brew a pot of chocolate macadamia nut coffee.

I decorated the big dining table with a pale yellow with lavender flowers table cloth and the dessert table with a purple table cloth. I put out my good china. It is white with a gold rim and a tiny red rose in the center. I put the cake on a white china platter and set it on the new wooden cake stand Richard & Rhonda made me for Christmas.

All very spring like and festive.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Free day.
I think I will go walk just because it feels good.

See ya'

4 comments:

Sandra said...

It sounds both beautiful and delicious! I wish I were there to enjoy that pot roast! I just can't seem to make a pot roast that taste good. It does sound delish though. Perhaps I will try again today!
ENJOY!

Kristen said...

I can just picture your spring-y table right now. Sounds delightful!

Jeanne said...

How was the wedding?

aola said...

Jeanne, ahhh the wedding.... long story, much teenage drama but it has been postponed until Feb. 17th (if they manage to work out the details).

All the product of those undeveloped brains...