Friday, January 20, 2006

It's been a not so good week. My workouts have been awesome! I tried TBL workout and it totally kicked my butt.
Eating has been an issue. I haven't eaten "bad" foods, but I've gone over on calories. The problem is, I've been really hungry. My stomache was growling so loudly the other night it woke me up. I had gone to bed hungry because I had already eaten dinner and thought I shouldn't eat anymore, but this can't be right. I know I shouldn't feel like I'm starving.
I thought about it last night and went over my food journal. I think part of the problem is my fat intake. I don't think I am getting enough. So, last night I had something with a little more fat and sure enough, I wasn't hungry anymore. It was the first time in three days I didn't feel hungry. I'm sure this is somehow related to pms because I've been eating about the same thing for three weeks and it only bothered me this week, but I can't quite connect the two. I've scoured the net in search of information and found plenty relating to eating more durring mestruation, but nothing about the week before and that is the week I'm always more hungry. The week of I don't usually want to eat at all.
The scale still hasn't budged in my favor neither have my inches and that is very frustrating. I am working very hard and sticking to a meal plan. To not see results is disapointing. I won't give up, but it makes each choice a more difficult one because it seems like even when added up the right choices aren't getting me anywhere. I am doing this for health, but I also want to be skinny.

7 comments:

R said...

I think you're on the right track (adding more fat), and it will eventually start to show. We're rooting for you. I keep meaning to post my favorite South Beach recipes that a have a pretty good mix of nutrients. I'll get on that.

aola said...

Don't give up! We are in this for the long haul and we can't give up.. no matter what the scales say, you know that what you are doing is good for you and IT WILL pay off.

Kristen said...

Sometimes I have to remind myself this is a marathon, not a sprint. It took time to add fat, and it will take time to take it off.

You're doing great. We are all cheering for you.

BTW, what's a TBL workout?

Kristen said...

BTW, if you are PMS-ing, you may have lost a little weight but are retaining water. I'm more moody and hungry before I start, too. It's different for different women.

Sandra said...

Thanks ladies..sometimes it just makes me want to scream!! AHHHH LOL I'll push through it though. I worked out hard today and feel good I've also had a lot of water.
Kristen, TBL= The Biggest Loser workout. They have a boot camp workout on the dvd that is killer!
They use handweights which I didn't have. I'm going to buy those and a heart rate monitor today.

Kristen said...

Oh, duh! The Biggest Loser! I'm a nerd!

Good for you for pushing through!

Jeanne said...

Sorry I'm behind, been a bit distracted. However, I want to add my encouragment. I could be being stupid, but when our bodies go thru the hormonal stage each month, it's getting ready to have a baby. It makes us tired and makes us want to conserve energy. You know how when you have an adrenaline rush and afterwards you're tired? Same thing, sort of, because its hormones. Anyway, like you said, push through it. Although we're not there literally, we are there with you in our hearts and we're helping you press in. Keep it up.